Not every organization is going to have success using the same event marketing strategies – which is why we don’t preach that we have the be-all, end-all of event marketing advice. Instead, in this webinar, we will provide you with tactics and guides to improve your current strategies and results, and show you how to determine what is working for your specific donors, your specific event, and your specific organization.
We will answer questions like: What if I don’t have a big email list or social media following? When and how should I use different marketing channels? And the most important question of all…How can I learn what worked and what to put more effort towards when marketing my next event?
Our session is delivered through specific tactics, clear how-tos, and real-life examples. You’ll leave with actionable takeaways to implement immediately and examples from other successful organizations to use a blueprint. Get ready to launch yourself into your organization’s event marketing hall of fame!
What You’ll Learn
- Specific tactics to add to your event marketing schedule (plus a schedule outline)
- Necessary social post elements to increase reach and conversions (plus a real life example to use as a guide)
- What to do if you don’t have a big email list or social media following
- How to leverage your event partners, sponsors, and supports to reach a wider audience
- How to track your efforts and use data to make smarter marketing decisions
5 Key Takeaways for Event Marketing Success
- Have an event marketing schedule
- Build click-worthy social media posts
- Utilize your event partners to increase reach
- Use data tracking to improve your marketing strategy
- Choose the right softrware (see the must-haves list below!)
Software Must-Haves for Event Marketing
- Custom checkout fields so you can get email opt-ins and ask donors questions
- Tools for social media posting and sharing
- Affiliate marketing links so you can track who is sharing your posts
- Event analytic tools so you can learn what worked well and what didn’t
Stay tuned to the end of the webinar for the Q&A and learn answers to these questions:
- How can we better engage non-techy or busy organization supporters?
- How can we improve engagement on our social media channels?
- What analytics should we focus on most?
- How can we encourage early ticket sales?
Watch the recording to learn more about event marketing strategies that work!
- Download the guide “Create a Click-Worthy Social Post & Sell Out Your Next Fundraising Event”: https://bit.ly/techsoup-trellis-guide
- Join TechSoup Connect Western Canada Chapter for more educational webinars and events: https://events.techsoup.org/techsoup-connect-western-canada-chapter/
About the Presenter: Rebecca Alfred
Rebecca is part of the team at Trellis Social Enterprise Inc, supporting charitable organizations, hospital foundations, non-profits, and other organizations to find new online approaches to raising funds for the causes they care about. Coming from a diverse background including tech companies, marketing agencies, and accounting firms, she’s now settled in the social sector. Since starting at Trellis, Rebecca has supported hundreds of organizations as they run fundraisers with specialized expertise in signature fundraising events, and donor experience for virtual and hybrid fundraisers. Beyond working at Trellis, Rebecca has also worked in research for non-profit sustainability and developed social programs to meet complex challenges.
Join the TechSoup Connect British Columbia Community!
TechSoup Connect British Columbia hosts online and in-person tech-for-good events that bring nonprofits together. We help you build communities, share resources, and discover new opportunities for social impact.
We welcome nonprofits, consultants, technologists, funders, and everyone else passionate about using technology for good.